Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Couch to 5K

Yesterday was my first Couch to 5k exercise day and I am still alive, and believe it or not, not very sore at all. I realized just how out of shape I am, and how extra weight can really drag you down.

My 60 seconds of "jogging" were at speeds that I used to walk when I was in shape. But I guess everyone has to start somewhere, and I would rather start out slow and build up speed rather than burn myself out in the first week.

We have started watching the Biggest Loser this season and am very inspired. I think to myself, if they can push through a workout, then I can too.

Week 1 of Couch to 5k is 3 30 minute workouts, alternating between 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking. You warm up and cool down for 5 minutes each also. My goal is to do the other two workouts Thursday and Saturday this week, and maybe even throw in some pushups and situps.

No comments:

Post a Comment