Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

February Goals

Baby Step 1 is complete as of today! Now time to really focus on paying off the Capital One credit card. We were able to save so much in January due to Christmas money and JC still getting a full paycheck. Income will go down significantly in February, but I am still hoping to snowflake at least $150 to the Capital One card.

I filed our taxes yesterday and completed the FAFSA for financial aid for 2013-2014.

I did my second session of Couch to 5k yesterday. It felt much better than the first one and I was able to "jog" faster than I was on Tuesday. I am almost gave up and skipped it altogether as my shoes were a muddy mess and when I cleaned them off they were soaking wet. But tossing them in the dryer for 5 minutes made them dry enough to wear, although my socks were wet at the end of my workout. I also did 25 crunches and 15 pushups. Next workout is on Saturday.

Totally unrelated, but my Dad got laid off from his job. He was planning to retire next year anyway but they were still wanting that income for the next year. Seeing that a layoff can happen at anytime, I at least feel a little more secure with the $1000 emergency fund. Now, if we could get this debt paid off I hope we could have a 6-8 month emergency fund.

2 comments:

  1. Super congrats on baby step one! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And now to keep it there unless it is a TRUE emergency!

    ReplyDelete