Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Not Taking a Day for Granted


This cycle I did injectibles of gonal-f with IUI and we got a big fat positive Thursday, May 30. This was exactly 2 weeks post-IUI. My doctor brought me in for blood work and were a little concerned that my HCG was only a 36 (they wanted to see it more than 50). They like to see these numbers double every 48 hours, but since that was the weekend, I had to wait until this morning to get blood drawn again.

I decided we would buy several different tests and kept taking them each morning leading up until today. Today it had went up to 105. It's not doubling at a 48 hour rate, but rather around 60 hours, but I had researched that 48-72 is considered ok. We are definitely still falling in the lab reference range.

I'll re-test again on Wednesday. So one hurdle has been cleared, but it seems like another one is around the corner. I am not sure when I will be able to relax and feel at ease until I am holding this baby in my arms!

Our due date is February 6, 2014.

We should be able to go for an ultrasound around June 12th (because of my history of ectopic), but it will still be too soon to see a heartbeat.

As far as signs, I have been making more trips to the bathroom and have some nausea, especially this morning. Hot flashes! These have been happening at night although I did have one this morning at the hospital. Sore boobs - this has been ongoing the last two weeks. My sense of smell is heightened with cigarette smoke being the #1 gross smell (not that I ever liked the smell before).

We are going to start celebrating because TODAY I am pregnant, and I don't want to take a single day that I am pregnant for granted.

2 comments:

  1. I can't say congratulations enough but please try to not be worried and stressed. Its not good for your body or the little one. Think happy thoughts!

    CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete