Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Still no heartbeat

My Father’s way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache.
But in my soul I’m glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

 
My cherished plans may go astray,
My hope may fade away
But still I’ll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Tho’ night be dark and it may seem,
That day will never break;
I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him.
He maketh no mistake.


There’s so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight’s far too dim;
But come what may,
I’ll simply trust And leave it all to Him.

And by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He’ll make.
Through all the way, tho’ dark to me,
He made not one mistake.


By A. M. Overton

Our second opinion yesterday confirmed that there is still no heartbeat. I have come home to try and miscarry on my own. I go back again next Monday to see whether anything has passed. No real bleeding so far, but the ultrasound tech did say that it looked like the sac was starting to break up.

I am back to work today. We aren't completely shocked from yesterday as we knew going in there was a very slim chance that things would be positive. My plan is to concentrate on losing weight until the end of the year (and study for my CPA) and then we will try IUI again in January.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. I know your time will come. My heart is with you.

    Hey we could be weight loss buddies. I REALLY really REALLY need to lose weight and I just can't stop eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had started and lost 5 lbs before I found out we were pregnant. I've gained about 4 back, but it could be worse! Are you on facebook? Look me up if so, Mindy Easterling. I had been using myfitnesspal and plan to go back and start again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I think I found you on there. Otherwise I asked a random Mindy to be my facebook friend : )

    There were a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very very sorry this didn't have a better outcome. You are very brave to miscarry naturally. I opted for the D&C.

    Giving your body some time is a good idea. Have you considered meditation? I know it was helpful for me.

    Again, I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete